Subject: Colour X server for AGA/ECS
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lance Kind <lancer@cs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 01/28/1995 19:55:40

v)   The X protocol requests GetImage and PutImage might have to convert from
     chunky to planar or planar to chunky images; does anyone know of a fast
     software-only alogrithm to convert from one to the other ? I've written on

     already but its not very fast.

	I seem to recall a year ago that Jim Drew of UU had a assembly
routine to do chunker to planar faster than the Akiko chip.  I have
also seen some code posted to do c->planar; I think it was on
comp.sys.amiga.sources.  I know someone has some code to do this.  May have
to ask around for it on a few new groups.  (c.s.amiga.programming or
c.s.amiga.graphics)

==>Lancer---