Subject: X server for AGA question
To: None <amiga-x@netbsd.org>
From: Michael J. Bond <mikeb@snow.datametrics.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 12/23/1994 11:48:41
Anyone know of an X server that runs under AGA other than (or newer than) the
X11R6.06Oct94-* available on uni-regensburg? I tried Xamiga24, as unlikely
as it seems, I had some strange memory of someone saying it would work, it
did not however (at least on my a4k).

Other than color, which, as everyone will be more that willing to point out,
would be way slow, there was one real problem with the 6 Oct stuff, didn't
handle large (ie full unicode) fonts, it seems to munge the CHARS (# chars
in set), STARTCHAR, and ENCODING data. All other data seemed to come across,
even data immediately following these, very strange. At this point I don't
really have the time to look into it too much, it didn't seem to be any of
the obvious problems, like bit/byte/... ordering, the data all seemed to
be shifted down, maybe a structure alignment problem... Argh, I enjoy problem
solving too much, but I've got too many other problems to solve.

Soooooo, if anyone knows of an X server, preferably R6, that works with AGA
and has the 16 bit font stuff worked out, please let me know, I really need
it.

Mike B