Subject: Xman trouble although MANPATH is set
To: None <>
From: Ralph Seichter <>
List: amiga-x
Date: 12/08/1994 11:44:38
Although I included the line

  setenv MANPATH /usr/shar/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/X11/man

in my '.cshrc' file, Xman shows nothing but one single entry in the man
Sections menu: tcsh. It seems like tcsh.1 is the only file in a man1
subdirectory and that Xman doesn't care about catN directories. Sorry if
this sounds strange, I'm an UNIX operator newbie and I don't know how the
man pages are organized. I guess there is a way to configure Xman so that
it checks catN directories aswell, but reading the Xman man page didn't
enlighten me too much. I've also consulted two FAQ-Lists, but I did not
see an obvious solution.

I'd be glad for any hints. Thank you!

	MfG,	Ralph
"Knowing how it could change the life of canines everywhere, the dog
 scientists struggled diligently to understand the Doorknob Principle."