Subject: Re: Chimera
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Raul Deluth Miller <rockwell@nova.umd.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 12/05/1994 13:53:04
Personally, I use w3.el under emacs as my www browser.

I don't have the resources to run X, but supposedly X support is quite
good with w3.

The limitations of w3.el that I'm aware of:

Inline images aren't displayed in the document.  You can display them
under X, but I'm not quite sure where they show up.

The emacs gopher client (gopher.el) only supports basic gopher.
Gopher+ features (e.g. ASK forms) are inaccessible.

On the plus side, for quite some time, w3.el was the only way to get
decent multi-language support on the web.  There may be other options
now?

--
Raul D. Miller          N=:((*/pq)&|)@                 NB. public e, y, n=:*/pq
<rockwell@nova.umd.edu> P=:*N/@:#               NB. */-.,e e.&factors t=:*/<:pq