Subject: Re: new spectrum-kernel :-(
To: Markus Kurek <>
From: Michael Illgner <>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/21/1994 08:48:37
> Hello,
> I have downloaded the new kernel for my Spectrum-card. I have installed all
> like stated in the readme-file. I have also compiled my own kernel with
> success :-))
> And it works  :-)
> But one really ugly bug is still there....everytime I want to quit
> my X-Session I get kernel panics.  It is a bus error :-((
> The same appears if I try to execute the toggle command.
> The first time I invoke toggle nothing happens...but at the second time
>  bus error !!!
There are still some problems while 'talking' to the Special-Function-Register
on the GFX-Cards Piccolo and Spectrum. I've tried inserting some Delay()'s,
this seems to work on the Piccolo, but appearently not on the Spectrum.
I hope to see Markus the next weekend, so we can do some debugging.

Michael Illgner          Tel.
Theodorstrasse 27       Warburger Strasse 100		 Buero  05251/60-2331
33102 Paderborn		Theoretische Physik		 Privat 05251/26488
Germany                 Buero : N3.323
Harpo speaks !