Subject: Re: Which graphics card?
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG, chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE,>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/08/1994 10:41:40
To: chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
CC: markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE,
	amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG

>> I believe there is no support for GG with standard ISA VGA for ADOS
>> and not yet NetBSD (the later is more probable than the frist).

Carsten> Ian Dean has written a first EGS driver for GG2. Niklas
Carsten> Halquist wanted to look into Xserver sources for GG2, dunno
Carsten> of any success.

I will look into a facility providing the isabus to a user process,
like an X-server, however I won't do a port of XFree86.  When the
isabus user process interface is there someone else ought to be able
to do the work with little effort.

Carsten> When will the GG2 drivers be integrated into netbsd current?
Carsten> Niklas, Chris?

I will submit my work to Chris after 1.0 + the first bunch of post-1.0
problems (inevitable, IMHO) have been solved.  At that time I think
the beta-phase of the ISA-drivers (currently COM (plain + AST), LPT
& 8390 NIC ethernet) have sorted out most fatal bugs.  The Beta has been
delayed due to busyness on my part.  I have a "real" work too.
If he likes the work I've done, I suspect he'll get it incorporated
as soon as he finds time.

Niklas