Subject: Re: X11R6 shared libs, colour servers
To: Tim Walls <tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
From: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/31/1994 00:11:16
Tim Walls writes:

>Hi folks!  Me (again (*3))....
>
>  I have just finished installing X11R6-Amiga on my machine, and it works
>perfectly (bar swapping like crazy :*);  I do have a couple of small problems
>though (uh-oh ;-)...
>
>    o Fvwm looks for an Xpm shared library, which would appear not to be
>      in the X11R6-lib arhive....

Did you take a look in the readme of the fvwm ?

5.) Now you only need xpm-3.4c and then you can change the twm entry
in /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc to fvwm

So you need xpm-3.4c-dist.tar.gz from regensburg.

>    o (Possibly related), xv (the version on uni-regensburg, as is the X
>      distrib) is looking for some R5 shared libs (in particular, X11.5.2),
>      which I don't have;  is there anywhere I can pick up the R5 shared
>      libs for compatibility purposes?

Ah, now I know what I forget to put on regensburg :)
I put later an X11R6 version on it.

Bernd