Subject: Cirrus driver (Was: Re: PicassoII)
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/24/1994 09:15:26
On Oct 23,  7:04pm, michel beausejour wrote:
>     This afternoon when i started my Amiga i didn't have the workbench on
> a Picasso mode, it was set in the prefs as NTSC hires interlaced.Twice i reboot
> (starting Amigados and after that launching NetBSD) and started the Xserver and
> both times i end up with a white screen .The third time i set a Picasso mode
> (800x600) in the prefs and reboot that time when i started the xserver it worked
> (screen with garbage first,second ,root tile with X,the applications showed up)

 To make it more confusional: I always boot directly into NetBSD without
having the Picasso ever initialized by any driver under ADos. Means I boot
with PAL LoRes at first to start loadbsd. This way i have fresh and clean
boards, as my ArcNet card for example tends to hang NetBSD on first interrupt
it receives.

 BTW, it seems that Spectrum and Piccolo boards, like Retina, tend to have
initialzed interrupts, once EGS was started. This yields into a hanging
NetBSD right on boot-time (before views are configured).

 I now have the strongest believe that indeed we are missing something
important on startup-time. Like resetting the boards.

 To all grf_cl.c - hackers, if you have changed something vital which makes
the boards running or better running, *PLEASE* do send me the changes.
It makes absolutely *NO* sense to upload millions of kernels w/o ever
supplying me (self-voted maintainer of the grf_cl source tree) with the
changes of the *sources*. They will then never be incorporated into the
main-tree, which should be in our intention.

--
Markus Illenseer