Subject: Re: PicassoII
To: Sam Noonan <snoonan@netcom.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/24/1994 09:03:58
On Oct 23, 11:00am, Sam Noonan wrote:
> 	Currently I'm using X11R5.   Still working on
> 	   getting X11R6 working.

 Xamiga24 is an R6 server, *maybe* the R5 clients have problems to deal
with R6 servers...

> This problem usually happens the first time I come up.  Normally
> I get a White Screen with some garbage on it, which then clears
> with the normal X background.  In this case it's Pure white, no
> garbage.  Also X does come up.  I just can't see it.  I can
> log in and shutdown the system.  It's just invisable.  After
> shutting down and turning the computer off for a half of minute
> or so, it works fine.

 Have you yet tried my supplied tool 'toggle' ?

> My Guess, some uninitilized variable?

 Don't believe so, it works fine here and for most others. You state that
you 'have also problems' with the 'white screen' but you are the first
mentioning it here.

> Anyway, that's all I know for now.

 Is the behaviour reproducable?

--