Subject: Re: X11R6 Retina, no interlace :(
To: David C Greene <DCG9367@tntech.edu>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/23/1994 18:54:39
> with the stipple pattern and the dumps core.  Any hints? Does this server
> require banked devices and therefore kernel 0.9??

It does require banked devices for the Retina-Z2 (I think I mentioned this
more than once on this list). Unless someone carried over the banked device
pager code to 1.0, yes, this also means you need a 0.9 kernel. However, I'd
strongly suggest NOT using Xamiga24 for the Retina-Z2, the server would
*crawl* even with banked device support.

> The XRetina-beta server works fine except I still can't get any interlaced
> screens to work properly.  I keep trying 1024x768:

I *think* the driver has some problems initializing interlaced
screens. At least, I couldn't open any such screens with a simple test program
that just opens such a screen and draws some test patterns on them.

-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch