Subject: Re: Unreasonable X probs
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Heffernan <ahh@netcom.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/12/1994 09:58:48
> >BTW, is it right to put X11 in the packages directory? I think X is
> >rather a part of the system than a package. All commercial unices I
> >know put it in /usr/bin/X11, /usr/lib/X11.
> >
> Actually, the default for X11R6 is /usr/X11R6 for most configurations,
>  don't know why it was changed for NetBSD-amiga, probably someone didn't
> make their /usr partition big enough.

By the way, last night I was able to get my X11R6 Retina server going
for the first time (this is for the zorro 2 retina).  I should be able
to fold the color ECS code into the source tree, so one of these days I
should be able to offer

	XamigaMono
	XamigaRetina
	XamigaECS16

The ECS code made my teeth hurt the last time I looked at it, so I may
not be able to fix any bugs in there, sorry.

(I'm building with a ProjectRoot of /usr/X11R6, incidentally, although
the actual code and binaries are spread across two other partitions.)