Subject: m68k X11R6 binaries, source patches, servers
To: None <amiga-x@netbsd.org>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 09/23/1994 16:22:50
I'm working on a port of X11R6 to NetBSD/Mac68K.  I've got the
server running pretty solidly, but I'm faced with making a handful
of patches to fix the programs/ files for NetBSD/M68K.  I used to
have most of the patches written, but then I had to discard the
sources I had when I moved to Santa Barbara (don't ask).

(1) Are any of you that are working on X11R6 for NetBSD/Amiga
interested in putting together an X11R6-for-NetBSD/M68K package?  The
way I understand the X sources, the machine-dependent #ifdefs would
exist mostly in programs/Xserver/Imakefile.  Please let me know if
this is already underway or if I need to contact the HP300 or Sun3
groups.

(2) I read in the amiga-x archive that the X11R6 server and binaries
are on ftp.uni-regensburg.de.  I'm planning to put out a beta of
Xmacbsd in a few days and I'd like to make it essentially the
NetBSD/Amiga X distribution, plus the NetBSD/Mac68K server.  Is
this where I should look for the binaries/libraries?

Thanks in advance for any help.

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com >+------+< Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
MacBSD : II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, SE/30, IIsi, IIvx -- The list is growing...