Subject: Re: new binaries/kernel and X11
To: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.ericsson.se>
From: 'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff <mehlhaff@crl.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 06/23/1994 23:54:30
John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.ericsson.se> recently wrote:

>>> Yes, go ahead :-) Get them compiled and upload them, thank you!

For what its worth, I'm workin on it.
>I've got the diskspace ( and the patience ;^)
>However, I do need the X stuff for my Retina board :^)
>And, last time I tried to compile X, my Imake was spitting out corrupted Makef
>iles,
>so I gave up on it then. Do you know if the Imake is ok now ? Otherwise it is
>no use for me to try it.

I've fixed imake. Problem I'm seeing now is that none of the X code that uses
lex works with netbsd's version of lex.  Not sure what is the exact
problem here, but last time I compiled X I had to transfer the things I
wanted to use lex on to another system, run lex, and bring the output
back.

>Could the person that made the nice Xamiga+Retina server upload the sources so
>mewhere so I can give it a try ?

I'd like that too, as for now I'm just workin' on the old Xamiga
server...

Oh, another amusing bug:  I consistently get kernel panics running the new
snapshot if I try to newfs the character special device for a partition
(i.e. /dev/rsd3d), but newfs'ing the block device works fine...

 Eric Mehlhaff, mehlhaff@crl.com