Subject: Re: Blitting
To: None <>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <>
List: amiga-x
Date: 04/08/1994 15:30:58
I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that I have implemented
both blit and line ioctls.

The bad news is I can't test them.  I'm using the latest kernel (OK, 2
days old) and the latest includes, but I don't have room to compile the
latest compler, linker, or libraries.  I updated the views.c program so it
will compile properly, and it seems to work fine, except whenever it
attempts to access the mmap()'ed video buffer, it segfaults.

I tried it under gdb, and it seems to be getting a valid pointer back
from mmap(), but whenever I use the pointer I get a segv.  Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a version of emacs that runs under the latest
kernel?  In the one I'm using (*really* _*really*_ old) select() doesn't
work right, so it keeps thinking it's getting lots and lots of '\0's.

Eduardo Horvath
	"Trust me, I am cognizant of what I am doing." - Hammeroid