Subject: views
To: None <amiga-x@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Markus Landgraf <landgraf@crunch.ikp.physik.th-darmstadt.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/25/1994 10:37:37
I am puzzled about views using X. I am using X with A2024 in 1024x1024
mode and the Xmono server which uses /dev/grf0. To select the
1024x1024 videomode I use iteconfig from the console.

I tried to use the Xamiga server which uses /dev/viewxx and recognized
that I don't know how to select the video mode. When I do iteconfig,
the console gets to the 1024x1024, but when I start Xamiga, the server
opens on a 640x400 screen.

My question is:
How can I use a X server that uses /dev/view in 1024x1024 A2024 mode ?

P.S.: Yes, I looked into the X FAQ, but didn't find a solition. Thanks
in advance for your help.

Landi#2
landgraf@crunch.ikp.physik.th-darmstadt.de
"The only time when I'm easy is when I'm killed by death"
"If You got the power, that don't mean You got the right"
                                                          I. Kilmister