Subject: Kernel printf Question
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Teske <teske@wotan.desy.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/05/1996 01:29:13
Hi!

Does anybody know if there's a way to prevent kernel printf's from using
The console output routines? Maybe there is a Flag somewhere to indicate
that the console grf device is currently used otherwise?

The actual problem is, that every kernel printf corrupts the display of
the Xserver. I just finished a console driver and a blitter-supporting
Xserver for the CV64, and that's the last problem (I know of :-).

Another question: Is it possible to insert an console reinit at the point
where the debugger is entered? Or is the system already too corrupted at
that time? In the current implementation there is no way to read anything
the debugger writes into the X display.

Thanks, Michael

--
Michael Teske (teske@wotan.desy.de)