Subject: Re: Everyone on vacation?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/27/1995 13:57:03
At 4:53 AM 12/27/95, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>    Hi Christian,
>
>you wrote in <v02120d00ad05c85c9c48@[164.76.64.3]>:
>> I have other more personal problems ...
>
>Ok, things like that are of course more important. But if you know
>this situation why don't you at least ask for assistance?

I *do* ask for assistance.  I asked Michael Hitch to help me out with the
release and through his help we had one.  I don't need to ask for
assistance with things that are not time-critical.  What we need is for
people to be more patient sometimes :)

>And it isn't only a recent problem. I remember periods in the summer
>where other patches needed weeks to be integrated.

Sure there are times when NetBSD is not a priority item.  This really isn't
a problem in my eyes.  Its not reasonalbe for people to expect me to
jump at whatever they throw at me.

>No, I don't want your job (I wouldn't be able to do it anyway) and I
>appreciate the work you have done in the past very much. But if you
>are not able to do this job anymore allone (no offence intended) you
>could try to find a sollution. A simple mail like "I'm very short
>with free time at the moment" e.g. would have helped very much.

I think that you will be hard pressed to find anyone capable of
constant unwaivering time allocation for this type of volenteer effort.

Even the 'core' puts things off.

>At least Bernd's flame brought us a life sign from you.

I am on vacation this week.  All his flame did was really annoy me.
I had planned on doing stuff and I did.  All his flame did was make
it appear as if I was reacting to it which I was not.  Thats really
annoying as it gives the wrong message -- namely if you flame people
they will do what you want.

Chris.