Subject: Re: Everyone on vacation?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 12/27/1995 11:51:06
At 4:06 AM 12/27/95, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>    Hi Bernd,
>
>you wrote in <199512261005.LAA00450@arresum.inka.de>:
>> We _really_ need one who is a better amiga-portmaster.
>
>I agree. My 951214 fix for "grf_cv" is still open, too. :-(

I am getting pretty tired of this.  I wish you people would be more
considerate.  This is the holiday season.  I had friends and family to
visit.

I just closed about 17 pr's last night.  It wasn't becuase of the
2 lets toss out the port-master messages.  It was becuase I had time
last night.

Your talking about current not a release.  There is no dire need for
things to be fixed the day after the PR is sent in.

I often wonder if the few people who complain about my involvment have
any concept of what my involvment over the *years* has been.  Would
most of these people have given so much less to the port that its
ludicrous for them to complain.

Thats not to say that I don't appreciate contributions, I do and I thank
people for them.  I just don't appreciate when people are impatient becuase
they fail to use a little imagination as to why I may have not done
something on *their* time schedule.

How many people who have written drivers have had to put them aside for
a while becuase they had other things to do?  Of course no one can see
this so no one complains.

I have been busy this year.  I don't feel I have cheated the port in any
way.  The release went out on time and with few problems.  Michael Hitch
played a major role in that and I thank him.  My job as port master is to
manage your contributions which I have done; perhaps not on this or that
persons personal time outline but done none-the-less.

Its too bad that I care so much for my port becuase sometimes I wish
I could play games with it and let people like Bernd and Matthias run
it for a couple years and see how they measure up.

Chris.