Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans Maurer <hans@mystery.muc.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 11/12/1995 23:55:19
Hi,

I, Hans Maurer (hans@mystery.muc.de) wrote:
: After adding and removing lots of debug statements, I tracked the problem
: down to an unexpected behaviour of the WD33C93A-PL 04PROTO, which was
: placed on my GVP Series II host adapter. I've replaced the 04PROTO by a
: 00-08 and haven't had this freezing problem since then.

I'm afraid I was too hasty with this statement :-(

Since the 04PROTO was directly soldered on my GVP Series II, I've used the
00-08 in a borrowed A2091, since I've bought the chip. With this
combination, the system worked quite fine.

Today, a friend of mine replaced the 04PROTO by a socket. Therefore, the
00-08 is now placed on the GVP host adapter. Unfortunately, now I again
have the same old problems. The machine freezes, either with TIMEO @577
asr=x40 (I'm still using 1.0) or again within the first WAIT_CIP in
sbicselectbus with asr=x30.

I suppose, my problem isn't caused by the 04PROTO (maybe). Instead, there
seems to be something very odd about my GVP Series II board.  Gosh, will I
ever get a stable NetBSD system? :-(

The search continues,

  Hans

--