Subject: EmpBSD
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bo Najdrovsky <bn@okcforum.osrhe.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 11/03/1995 13:38:14
%
% Also, what's the chance of getting the empsc (Emplant SCSI) device driver
% that's been sitting out on regensburg into -current?
%
%

No, please not yet.... while the one on regensburg is functional, it's not
the latest one.  The new one (which hasn't been released yet) configures
differently - it does emplant0 at zbus0 and empsc0 at emplant0.  We want
to get the serial ports drivers done before we submit it to the official
source tree.  We haven't had much time to work on it, but we'd like to
finish it soon.

Speaking of which, is there a good source of information on BSD driver
programming?  We've been going by the existing source, trying to figure
out how to do the interrupts, but it sure would be helpful to have something
that explains the stuff a little better.

Finally,  does the NetBSD 1.1ALPHA reflect the interrupt changes by
Markus Wild, and do they affect any of the other drivers or just the
internal serial port?

Bo Najdrovsky       // AmigaOS 3.1/Mac Sys7.1/BSD 4.4 - Courtesy of my A3000
bn@gnu.ai.mit.edu \X/  => join the EGS list: listproc@okcforum.osrhe.edu <=
bn@okcforum.osrhe.edu  "Who are you, who's so wise in the ways of science?"