Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: amiga-dev <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andre Schenk <andre@melior.s.bawue.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 11/01/1995 14:52:04
Hello Christian, you wrote:

 > I would like to hear (please send to this list) from all the
 > people currently running the sbic driver on there system.  This
 > would mean anyone using the built in scsi on the A3000, the
 > A2091 or the GVP line of scsi boards.

I  am  not  sure  if this is a problem with the sbic driver but I
often  get  system  lookups,  especially under X.  Synchronous or
asynchronous  mode  -  no difference.  A few minutes ago I played
with  X.   I started xv, later xpaint, no problem.  Then I called
"Refresh  Screen"  from  the fvwm menu - the system locked up and
the hd-led switched on permanently.

Is  there anybody with the same problem and is there any solution
for it?

My system:

A2000, GVP 030/50, 16 MB RAM onboard
Quantum Empire 1080S, Quantum Lightning 730S, Toshiba 4101
Picasso 1 MB

NetBSD-current snapshot from 23.10.95
X11R6.08Sep95.* from ftp.uni-regensburg.de with Xcl as X server

A second problem:

My   mouse   pointer   under  X  consists  of  6  vertical  bars.
Unfortunately  I  updated both NetBSD and X at the same time so I
cannot determine which installation brought that problem.

Thank you for your help!

Bye André