Subject: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: None <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 11/01/1995 21:28:24
Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:
   On the other hand, would it make people happier if sync or not could be
   set in the config file instead of having to edit a source file?  Or do
   most of you run pre-compiled kernels.  (We could make it a boot option, I
   suppose, but that might cause some incompatibilities with other ports.)

I'd like to see it disabled in the GENERIC version, because I think
many people would not be able to boot initially otherwise.  I must
admit that the first time I ever went throught the entire process to
make my own kernel was about 3 weeks ago, after my work got a T1 line,
and I got a full tarball and rebuilt everything.  It wasn't as bad as
I expected, but I was totally lost until I got some advice from
someone who had done it before.