Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 11/01/1995 12:24:12
On Nov  1,  8:16am, "Eduardo E. Horvath  eeh@btr.com" wrote:
> While I am willing to help anyone fix sync negotiation problems with
> their particular drives, I can't really see a quick fix to the problem.

  I'm also willing to try to help as well, if my time permits.

> On the other hand, would it make people happier if sync or not could be
> set in the config file instead of having to edit a source file?  Or do
> most of you run pre-compiled kernels.  (We could make it a boot option, I
> suppose, but that might cause some incompatibilities with other ports.)

  A config option would make it easier to change, although changing the
config option would not get picked up by the dependancies like changing
the source file would.

  I was thinking that we might also have two levels of controlling sync
negotiation - a "master" enable which would enable/disable sync negotiation
entirely, and a "unit" enable which would allow enabling/disabling by target
ID.  I think it would be useful to control sync on a per-target basis, even
if it ignores which controller the target is on [which is how my sbic driver
handles it.]

  This could also be controlled through a loadbsd option easily.  A
hexadecimal encoded value could be passed which could represent each
target enable in each bit.  I think it's a little late to get something
like this into 1.1 though.

Michael