Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/31/1995 10:30:25
Hello!

> I would like to hear (please send to this list) from all the people currently running the sbic driver on there system.  This would mean anyone using the built in scsi on the A3000, the A2091 or the GVP line of scsi boards.

I am using A3000 with 16 MB fast and internal SCSI.

> Are you experiencing problems?  If so I would like to experiment with reverting your systems back to the old device.  I am considering doing this for the 1.1 release if the new driver proves to be to unstable.

One old problem is that I can't use it in syncronous mode. But that did
not work with the old driver either.

My second problem is that I can't boot with the cdrom switched on and a
cdrom inserted. I get a lock up if I try this, but if I boot with no
cdrom inserted all works well. I had no problems like that with the old
driver.

But from the view of harddrives the new driver is much much better, so I
would suggest to go with it, as the old one has no advantages.

Greets
      Thorsten
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //