Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/30/1995 22:28:48
> I would like to hear (please send to this list) from all the people currently running the sbic driver on there system.  This would mean anyone using the built in scsi on the A3000, the A2091 or the GVP line of scsi boards.
>
> Are you experiencing problems?  If so I would like to experiment with reverting your systems back to the old device.  I am considering doing this for the 1.1 release if the new driver proves to be to unstable.

I am running a recent kernel on two A3000's.  The first system has two old
Quantum disks (80S and 170S) and is having occasional problems with the
disks (the disks get corrupted in the run so badly that fsck can't fix them).
I suspect this is a hardware problem with the A3000 or the disks themselves.

The second system has two Quantum Empire's (1080 MB) and has had zero disk
problems so far.  I had one crash recently on the 950930 kernel (now running
951021) with no debug messages, so I can't tell what that was - but the
disks survived the crash.

So, what I know is that the other A3000 performs just fine (although the
disk performance isn't what I'd expect it to be.. much worse than under
AmigaOS).

What kind of problems should we expect with the new driver?

  -jm

P.S. Please patch the if_ed.c to disable and clear the Hydra interrupts
     before reading the Ethernet hardware address off the board - see the
     PR I sent a long time a go.

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---