Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: None <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: None <bsieker@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 10/30/1995 20:10:19
> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 11:56:10 -0500
> From: chopps@water.emich.edu (Christian E. Hopps)
>
> I would like to hear (please send to this list) from all the people currently running the sbic driver on there system.  This would mean anyone using the built in scsi on the A3000, the A2091 or the GVP line of scsi boards.

I am using the driver on an A3000/040 (A3640) with an IBM OEM 0662S
and a Quantum Fireball 1080S. The Fireball will only work synchronous
with the _new_ driver, so please don't go back to the old one.

An old Maxtor 7290S would only occasionally be initialized correctly
with the old driver. (I don't have that any longer)

I have been using 1.0 for quite some time and had some SCSI trouble
especially with synchronous mode, upgraded to -current by the end of
September and all SCSI problems were gone. I am now running a
1.1-ALPHA kernel; no problems, too.

> Are you experiencing problems?  If so I would like to experiment with reverting your systems back to the old device.  I am considering doing this for the 1.1 release if the new driver proves to be to unstable.

I experienced much more problems with the old driver, so leave the new
one in, please.

> Thanks,
> Chris.

	Bernd