Subject: About converting 1.0 driver to -current
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/28/1995 03:34:03
Hey,

I met some problems when I converted QuickNet driver to -current.
The driver does not get initialized... the card is recognized as
the hardware address is printed (done in qnattach) but somehow
that driver does not get initialized (i.e. qn_init is not called
at all).

When netstart script tries to start network, it prints a line,
something like "IOCTL: device not configured". When I use
netstat -i, I see some strange device "qn-15" which has the
right Ethernet address. I guess that this qn-15 should be qn0
as it was so under 1.0...

Any ideas what goes wrong? qnattach does add the interrupt routine
with add_intr() (and I tested it: the qn_intr is called whenever
I press a key, so it is added to the interrupt list).

I have also printf()'s in qn_ioctl, none of them is printed so
it is never called.

I'd appreciate if someone could guess what goes wrong... I have
tried to look other drivers and didn't notice anything obvious.

	Mika Kortelainen