Subject: Re: Thoughts on text console
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: src <steve@scurvy.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/24/1995 10:41:53
> The hardware drivers tell the ite.c, at configuration/probing time,
> their priority value. The ite.c module gives the keyboard to the
> driver with the highest priority.
>
> For more details, read the source yourself.

	Any simple way of switching this at run time?  I'd like to be able to
drop to my ECS console from my XamigaRetina on grf1.  Obviously, the X servers
do this at will, so I guess there is a way.  Really nice would be a way to
toggle which driver has the keyboard with a key combo.
	I suppose this a a good opportunity to try some kernel hacking.  Any
suggestions as to where to start, or would this all have to be in ite.c?
My guess is that the keyboard driver would need a mod to signal ite when
that keycombo is hit.