Subject: Re: Replacing kf_8x8.c
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/10/1995 16:02:49
On Jul 10, 15:31, Jeff Thieleke wrote:
> Subject: Re: Replacing kf_8x8.c

> > Perhaps this could be an option, as there are some that seem to prefer
> > the pearl font.

The ultimate answer would be to have a loadable system font like there is the
loadable keyboard, but I have no idea if this is even possible.

> It is already an option, more or less, with the fontdump program.  The
> problem is that new users (and some older ones) don't know about
> fontdump, or they can't build their own kernels.  Either way, they are
> stuck with a substandard font.

I think the biggest problem is rebuilding the kernel, which I why I mentioned
the loadable font above.

--
Alan Bair             		MCTG AMCU DSCS
Motorola, Inc.            	(Design Software &