Subject: Support for DKB Cobra/Mongoose & Ferret SCSI-II?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Carroll Langston <fugue@dura.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/09/1995 12:22:38
Hi everyone.

  I'm in desperate need of support for the DKB Ferret SCSI-II card that
attaches to the DKB Cobra/Mongoose accelerators.  I've been hunting
down info on this board, hoping to find info that'll help with developing
a driver (something with which I have absolutely NO experience, but may
be forced to try).  So far, I've found:

the slackware 1.2.0 Linux tree has a driver for a QLogic FAS504-based
  SCSI host,
the Ferret is designed around a QLogic FAS246 chip, which I can't find
  any info on,
the FAS246 on the ferret seems to have DMA access,
the Ferret is autoconfig.

I also have the vendor/product numbers, and memory location.  I've
exhausted my knowledge of things to hunt for, short of asking (pleading)
to experts for help in supporting this card.  I was forced to give up
my IDE drive (conflict between it and the Ferret), and now must work
solely off of SCSI drives (a Connor 1.02 gig drive, to be precise).

I tried booting a bsd kernel (loadbsd -b netbsd), and it DID find the
board (since it autoconfigs), but then reported "unconfigured device",
which I assumed meant that it had no driver for it.  If that assumption
is wrong, I'll worship the ground the driver-author floats above.
otherwise, consider this a pitiful plea for help!

Any help greatly appreciated!

--
  Mark C. Langston    | "Erstes Geschoss:  Hier leben die Blinden, die
 Dept. of Psychology  |  glauben was sie sehen; und die Tauben, die glauben