Subject: Re: LEV6_DEFER
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 07/08/1995 12:37:54
On Jul  8,  8:05pm, Blaz Zupan wrote:
> overflows after activating it. My suggestion would be
> to make LEV6_DEFER the default and there could be
> any problems with it put in an option to turn it off.
>
> Any comments?

  There is a problem with deferring the level 6 interrupts.  It
causes signifcant problems with the MultiFaceCard III serial
driver.  There are also several SCSI adapters that use the level
6 interrupt (the two I am aware of are both 53c710-based boards).

  However, I do not see any problem with making the deferred
level 6 interrupts standard, with an option to process them
normally [LEV6_NORMAL?].

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu