Subject: A2410 driver and text console, readme
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/21/1995 14:27:04
Hello,

for those who want a demonstration that A2410 boards might be supported by
NetBSD-Amiga some time "soon":

Watch for my next message containing a shar file.

unpack the shar into /sys/arch/amiga/.
patch 3 files with patch -p0 < uldiffs
add to your config file:

grful0 at zbus0
grf4 at grful0
ite4 at grf4

make a /dev/ttye4 device

crw-------  1 root  wheel   13,   4 Jun 21 13:54 /dev/ttye4

add a line to /etc/ttys for /dev/ttye4

if you want another video mode than me, change the monitor defs in dev/grf_ul.c
or the default monitor variable. It might still work 8 bit deep, but you dont
want that for scrolling speed reasons.

save your old kernel somewhere you can boot off
make new kernel
reboot and ... tell me what does not work.

Ere you ask me: it does NOT work with any of the X... servers for NetBSD-Amiga.
The A2410 card's video memory is NOT memory-mapped into the Amiga's address
space.

TODO:

- remove busy waiting in grf_ul.c:gsp_write()
- do all attributes in the TMS code, and add bold and blink support.
- ioctl handling
- finish color map handling
- do s.th. more sane about the overlay plane vs. color pix issue
- find out why removing ULOWELL_CONSOLE doesn't work
- tell TMS34010 code to auto sense the oscillator speeds.

- add X server hook into TMS34010 code
- tell Paul Mackeras' Xgsp server how to work with 8 bit deep screens.