Subject: Re: Can't build kernel
To: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 06/01/1995 11:32:54
On May 28, 10:34pm, Blaz Zupan wrote:
> I'm trying to build a kernel from the latest sources with no luck.
> It started with some sources around May 20. The source built just
> fine but when I boot with the new kernel after recognizing all
> the hardware I simply get a "Process 1 got signal 11" or something
> like that. As suggested to me on IRC I tried to rebuild everything
> in /usr/lib and also built a new /sbin/init but the problem persists.
>
> *PLEASE* If anybody has built a working (or nonworking!) kernel from
> the latest (say after May 20) sources then please reply to this
> message! I'm running out of ideas.

  I have been running with sources from May 17 without any problems like
this.  I have also just build a kernel from May 31 sources, which also
has booted without any problems.

  The /sbin/init I am running on one system was built July 27, 1994.  I
think my systems at home have newer versions of /sbin/init.

> Also does anybody have any problems with the floppy driver? As far
> as I can tell there were no important changes since the 1.0 version
> but the -current driver simply hangs when it tries to access the floppy
> (the drive light goes on and then nothing happens, the whole machine
> hangs).

  I have not seen any problems with the floppy driver using -current
kernels.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu