Subject: Re: floppy device
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG,>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/25/1995 21:09:53
Mike Henson wrote:
>  What is the latest word on the floppy devices? I've been looking
> at the /sys/arch/amig/dev/fd.c v1.17 source file, and have been
> trying to make sense of the MFM en/decoding. I want to work on
> the floppy device to make it read MSDOS formatted disks and to
> get high-density disks working, but I don't have low-level
> information on either the high-density drives or the MSDOS
> sector layout/MFM encoding scheme.

Ah! Finally someone who whill take the messydisk.device code
and write something similar for NetBSD! I can mail you the
sources if you just wait for me to upload them...

There is not much low-level info on hd drives: they just identify
themselves differently if a hd floppy is inserted, and then you need
to send them twice as much bits to write. That's all.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl --#export-a-crypto-system sig, Diffie-Hellman 2 lines:
s/1/0lG*lm%/g;s/0/d*lm%/g;print `echo 16i\U$g"\nSG$m\Esm1Io$_"p|dc`
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert         What's the use of
\X/  racism if you can't even see if a person belongs to your abhorred kind?