Subject: floppy device
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <henson@colossus.mathcs.rhodes.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 05/24/1995 23:02:39
 What is the latest word on the floppy devices? I've been looking
at the /sys/arch/amig/dev/fd.c v1.17 source file, and have been
trying to make sense of the MFM en/decoding. I want to work on
the floppy device to make it read MSDOS formatted disks and to
get high-density disks working, but I don't have low-level
information on either the high-density drives or the MSDOS
sector layout/MFM encoding scheme.

 I would like to hear from anyone who has been working on the
floppy driver, even just for a bit of a walkthrough on the
existing code. (I am working with a -current 950428 source tree)

Thanks

Mike Henson
henson@colossus.mathcs.rhodes.edu