Subject: Re: Hydra Ethernet
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpn@thunder.catt.ncsu.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/29/1995 16:51:34
Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> Ok, I have an A3000 running the most -current I can manage (current as
> of last week's sources) and I have a Hydra ethernet card. It has been
> running OK for a while (not great, just fine.) but as of the kernel
> that I compiled last night, it has gone to hell.

 Only gont to hell by last sup? Hm.

> I've been getting this error (from memory)
> ed0: Receiver ring buf overrun

 This looks like the problems I encountered together with Klaus Burkert
when we were hacking the Ariadne ethernet driver for -current.  I have no
idea what happend, but I have the strong feeling that -current net-code is
really not the best.  Same driver worked like a champ under 1.0, not a
single error in 72hours.  Under -current I cannot even connect with ftp or
telnet.

--
Markus Illenseer