Subject: Various patches
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/27/1995 20:42:39
Here is a list of pathes that I produced that are relative
to Apr 26 -current sources.

The most interesting points are:

- with this patches it is possible to compile without grfcc
  console and views, previously there were some undefined symbols
  if you tried that. Now you can comment out all the grfcc*
  lines and the "pseudo-device views"-line from your configuration
  and everything should compile just fine.
- pseudo DMA for IVS Vector SCSI driver (I think I already posted
  this quite some time ago).
- some bugfixes in the keyboard handling

I have send all those patches to Chris Hopps, but if someone would
like to test them right now or if someone has some comments
(especially on the no-grfcc part) then please mail me!

Here is the exact description:

grf_cl.c-diff:
--------------
Cirrus Logic graphics driver should now know about KFONT_8X11 define
and automatically adapt font size according to that.

grf.c-diff:
-----------
Makes it possible to compile without grfcc and views if you don't
need it (f.e. if you use grfcl/grfrt/grfrh). For this to work
you also need the ite.c, ite_cc.c and kbd.c patch!!!

ite.c-diff:
-----------
1. Makes it possible to compile without grfcc and views if you don't
   need it (f.e. if you use grfcl/grfrt/grfrh). For this to work
   you also need the grf.c, kbd.c and ite_cc.c patch!!!
2. Moves the console bell code (init_bell() and cc_bell()) from
   ite_cc.c to ite.c. Why should bell be local to custom chip
   console? This also has to do with point 1, because *bell()
   functions were defined in ite_cc.c which is empty if you compile
   without grfcc.
3. Better keypad handling. Previously if you had a german keymap installed
   the PF1 and PF2 function keys were not working correctly because the
   german keymap has '[' and ']' keys where american keymap has
   '(' and ')' keys and the original ite.c simply had a static table
   which corresponded only to the american keyboard layout. Now directly
   checks the scancode of the key which is independent of the used keyboard.

ite_cc.c-diff:
--------------

Removes the audio bell stuff which we moved to ite.c with the previous patch.

kbd.c-diff:
-----------

Removes dummy kbdbell() definition which was called from ite.c, now
ite.c calls local function.

ivsc.c-diff:
------------
Implements pseudo DMA for IVS Vector SCSI driver. Noticable speedup.
Also removes some unneeded code (previously #ifdef'ed out by Michael
L. Hitch).

kbdmap.h-diff:
Fixes bug in dead key handling, grave accent was never
activated (f.e. alt-g e produced an "e" instead of "`e").

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
     blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, 2:380/104.40, GMIZO::BLAZ