Subject: Amiga conf.c question from 21 April sup
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/22/1995 09:32:04
	conf.c blew sky high from the 21 April sup. Seems the macros
	for cdev_grf_init, cdev_view_init and cdev_par_init were bogus.

	I removed the reset entry and added a D_TTY value to the ends of
	the macros to match the new cdev[] struct format and then they
	all compiled. Some questions:

	1: Do grf and view NEED nullop rather than enodev in their
	   read and write vectors? If not, we could use the standard
	   cdev_tty_init macro for them from /usr/include/sys/conf.h

	2: It appears that the par init can just be switched to a
	   cdev_tty_init macro and thus eliminate 1 or the 3 special
	   cases in conf.c.

	If we CAN use cdev_tty_init for grf and view it would remove the
	two remaining special macros from the amiga conf.c, this would
	probably be a good thing(tm).

	Ideas? Comments?

		-Rob