Subject: ASDG EB920 ethernet driver?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank Dana <danaf@cs.rpi.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 04/10/1995 12:38:31
Well, first the obligatory "it works!!!" message: after finally receiving
my GVP 4008 to replace the ancient GVP Series I card I was using, I took
some time out of my schedule to install the world's first portable NetBSD
system! That's right, I now have NetBSD on a single SyQuest 88mb cartridge,
including a bootable partition that loadbsd's the kernel and sends you into
a NetBSD setup with 15mb ROOT, 10mb SWAP, and 57mb USR partitions.  8)

The reason I've done this monstrous thing is that, right now, NetBSD is
pretty useless to me. I'm not on the net! (I can't live if I'm not on the
net.)  8)

Sooo, I'm trying to get in touch with the person/people (there has to be
someone) who's working on a driver for the ASDG ethernet card. I'm hereby
offering "whatever I can do" to help along the development of this driver,
and my eventual evolution to amiga.unix.net.citizen.

If anyone interested in / working on an ASDG driver could get in touch with
me at danaf@cs.rpi.edu, I'd greatly appreciate it.

							Thanks,
							  -Frank

--