Subject: Hmm, what's the meaning of manufacturer's id?
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/30/1995 23:56:50
Hey,

sorry for that not-too-informative title, but anyway... I have an
Ethernet card made by Resource Management Force and their manufacturer
id is supposedly 2011, at least that's what showconfig (ADOS) and
also NetBSD at boot time tells.  However, when looking at ztwobus.c
and the array  aconftab[]  (line 54, NetBSD1.0 sources), there is
an entry for Hacker Inc and it has also man id of 2011 (i.e. the same
as RMF has).

Actually, this doesn't matter too much because the product id of
QuickNet card happens to be 2 and that of mlhsc is 1, but it would be nice
if people wouldn't double-use these numbers...  Or is Hacker Inc
the real owner of 2011?

As someone can guess, I'm trying to make a driver for this Ethernet
card.  I'm just starting, the databook arrived today, but maybe
I will get something done some day...

	Mika Kortelainen