Subject: Re: LKM device drivers?
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 03/04/1995 08:03:45
> In the beginning there was nothing. Then Darren Reed said:
> >There is an audio LKM for the amiga written by Tim Newsham around
> >somewhere and I've managed to write a pseudo-device LKM (see
> >coombs.au.edu.au:/pub/net/kernel/ip_fil2.5c.tar.Z).
>
> I have Tim's audio driver installed on my system... I'm not having any
> trouble with the LKM part-- I have code that loads and unloads just
> fine, and calls the appropriate functions when the device is
> accessed. My problem is actually accessing the expansion hardware. A
> pseudo-device LKM wouldn't be much help there. :) Know of any LKM's
> for zorro two hardware?

	By the way, the x86 and SPARC crowd in -current seem to have
	moved their audio code to use a common higher level driver
	in sys/dev. Any chance the people playing with Amiga audio
	could shoehorn our driver in to that model?

	Also, with the new fangled interrupt system in -current how
	do you use audio since it steals the audio interrupt to
	do delayed processing of level 6 stuff?

		-Rob