Subject: Re: upgrade from Beta-1.0, to -current
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Dave Blaszyk <dvb@ycc.Kodak.COM>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/26/1995 13:06:54
Well,  I have finally been able to re-compile a new kernel with the
-current kernel and gcc-2.4.5.

Now the bad news,  when I try to load the new kernel, I am able
to ``boot'' the system from amigados, but when it gets to reading
the filesystem, I start getting strange results.

The following lines, are from the boot sequence: (note: I believe
this is the final stages of the boot sequence until it read /etc/rc.)

	n views configured
	m mice configured

	@:usalroot:
		^@:

	Enter return for sh:

When I try to ``more'' or view any files, they look corrupt.  For example,
/etc/fstab, which should contain some semblance of things to mount, contains
garbage.  Now, I don't know if the filesystem is trashed, the / partition
is being misread, etc...

Now, if I try to boot with the "old" beta kernel, everything works fine.

Are there some configuration files that I need to update?  Anyone
have any ideas, I know this is sketchy, but it is the best I can come up
with right know.  The whole goal for me on this, is to add some minor
IVS support, and hopefully be able to actually use ``gdb'' to debug
programs under NetBSD.

Thanks for any and all help...

-dvb-