Subject: Re: Feb 7 sup; can't build a working kernel
To: None <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/10/1995 09:50:42

Rob> 	Anybody able to build a working kernel from the Feb 7 sup? It
Rob> will boot but can't seem to read the root filesystem correctly,
Rob> i.e.  it will find /etc/init to exec and /sbin/sh to run but any
Rob> directory below / is scrambled if you try to do an ls. Reboot
Rob> with old kernel and fsck comes out clean. I nuked the old .o's
Rob> and libs and rebuilt a couple of times but no joy. B^(. Feb 4 sup
Rob> based kernel works fine. I don't see what could have changed
Rob> between the 4th and the 7th that would cause such behavior.

Rob> 	Any ideas?

This ought to work since the 9th, with the new copy.s.  I haven't
rebooted yet, but did a similiar local change to copy.s and got
things to work again.  The problems was that the changes to
kern_exec.c involved a length argument to copyoutstr greater than 64K,
and the old generic m68k implementation were known to not deal with
such situations.

Niklas