Subject: Re: Retina console problems
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.etm.ericsson.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/27/1995 08:44:44
Some more info about my Retinaconsole problem
It happens on my Retina Z2 and ONLY in 'ascii mode', not in X11.
It happens with the 1.0Beta kernel, but also with the real 1.0 kernel.

What happens is this:

Everything works fine until the text on the screen comes to the last line,
then ALL characters on the screen seem to shift one position to the left and are
doubled.

Example:

if there is a word 'ados' on the screen, this will become

'ddss' so it looks like the d is 'copied' one position to the left, and the same
for the s.

When this happens, the entire screen gets unreadable. When I do a clear (builtin command
from tcsh) everything is ok again until the text reaches the lower line and then the process
repeats itself. This started after I switched my 68030 board for a 68040.

I tried to install NetBSD 1.0 yesterday evening, but the problem still remains even
with the kernel that came with that distribution.
The installation starts, but of course, at one point in time, the last line will be reached
and then I cannot read anything anymore.
Would it be safe to just 'tar --unlink xvf ...' the files over the old stuff ?

Any ideas anyone ?

/John