Subject: Re: Retina console problems
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Johansson <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/27/1995 01:39:12
According to Todd Masco:
> In article <>,
> John Vrolijk <> wrote:
> >This only happens on the console, not in X11
> >
> >Anyone else has this problem ?
> I've seen similar problems on my console: I've got an A3000/30, 16/2MB,
> running release 1.0 and a Retina Z3, replaced Buster.  It comes up most
> often when I've been running emacs on console; once the corruption starts
> it continues until I reboot (a cp /netbsd /dev/reload is enough).
> The corruption is usually lots of garbage characters in the first ten or so
> columns, random ones flashing and highlighted.

I have seen this too, atleast with 1.0 beta. Don't really know if it went
away when I compiled -current. Anyway, it doesn't happen very frequent.

I have an A4000/40, 16Mb RAM and a Retina Z3.

It tends to happen more often if you write a lot to the console (cat a big
file) I think.

: E-mail:                            Amiga 4000 is it! :
: S-mail: Andreas Johansson, Karhusvagen 5  6:618, 977 54 Lulea, SWEDEN :
:       There are two groups of people I'll _never_ understand:         :
:                     math-professors and women                         :