Subject: Re: Retina console problems
To: Todd Masco <cactus@seabsd.hks.net>
From: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/26/1995 10:15:25
| I've seen similar problems on my console: I've got an A3000/30, 16/2MB,
| running release 1.0 and a Retina Z3, replaced Buster.  It comes up most
| often when I've been running emacs on console; once the corruption starts
| it continues until I reboot (a cp /netbsd /dev/reload is enough).
|
| The corruption is usually lots of garbage characters in the first ten or so
| columns, random ones flashing and highlighted.

I believe you'll find this one will go away, if you change TERM to "vt100"
from "vt220" or whatever it ordinarily is.  (And TERMCAP, if you're letting
tset -s set one up.)

I'd be surprised if this is the same problem that Mr. Vrolijk reports, with
the Retina that can't scroll with a 68040.

	Donn Cave, donn@cac.washington.edu