Subject: Re: splinter group updates
To: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/26/1995 15:07:01
On Jan 26,  7:42am, "Christian E. Hopps" wrote:
> Unless they are completely seperate device I would prefer they stay in one
> file.  If they are different devices then by all means split them and
> change one of their names.  No numbers in the names though please.
> Note grf_rt (Retina Two) grf_rh (Retina tHree).  If you really need numbers
> I supply a mapping in the zbus files basically

 Ok, name-scheme accepted. There will be grf_cl for Picasso, Piccolo and
Spectrum in Z2 Bus (l== low) and grf_ch for Piccolo/Spectrum in Z3 Bus (h ==
high). grf_cl will use /dev/grf3 and grf_ch will use /dev/grf4 - that ok?

 Remember this is for 1.0, not for -current. Currently I am stuck to 1.0.
Any volunteer can adapt the source to -current and probably use the
old scheme.

> I believe cl is for cirrus logic.  If you can keep things consolidated
> and continue to work on making the single device more generic all the
> better.

 It is one single driver except that I must split up into Z2 and Z3 for
several reasons. The current port does not work for Piccolo/Spectrum
in Z2-machines (quite funny that noone had problems though).

--
Markus Illenseer