Subject: Good news!
To: None <amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/21/1995 05:49:22
Hi all!

I'm pleased to say that I now have fixed my messed up RDBs.  I'd like
thank all of you which have come with suggestions and moral support.
The way I solved it was to try to find partioning info every here and
there (old Mountlists, memory and some obscure scribblings on papers
from way back) and then starting to lock for ADOS boot / rootblocks +
UFS superblocks.  Tedious, but it worked.  The main programs I used
was DekSid 2.10 & Chris Hooper's "rdb" (in the BFFS 1.3 distr).  As
far as I am concerned, no HDToolbox or similar programs give a nice
fine-grained control of the RDB.  I just wish "rdb" could handle
removals of partitions easily and filesystem maintenance (i.e. in the
RDB), the it would have been perfect!  Thanks Chris!

Well now I'm back hacking on the IPL lowering scheme of INT6s...

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden