Subject: Re: Conference results
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/18/1995 08:15:44
> > > and I was not the only one who has the problem with the tcsh (crest has
> > > the same problem) ...
> >
> > Are you talking about the long delay at login if a name server is used ?
> > I also have this problem and I have A2065 and no Ariadne. IMHO it is no
> > hardware but a software problem.
>
> This is a software-problem with tcsh which was discussed some time ago on
> de.comp.os.unix(?). No solution was found, though. :-(

tcsh 6.04 does not hit a nameserver... so I don't know what could be the
problem if you are using that version.

if you are using 6.05, and have REMOTEHOST defined, then tcsh will crap out
if it can't find a nameserver, even if logging in on the console...

Dunno if this is what you're talking about ... but I'd figure I'd throw my
2 cents worth in. :)

-Chris

--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu | Yes, this is a boring sig.  Bite me. :)