Subject: Re: Question about NetBSD
To: Merlin of Chaos <>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 01/14/1995 13:59:17
> Can anyone explain to me why my account, which is set into
> group wheel, cannot 'su root'? It says I am not set into the
> correct group, yet everything else I can find says I _am_
> wheel. I'm lost.

When you say that your user is in the group wheel, do you mean he has
the GID of the group wheel, or he is listed in /etc/group as a member
of group wheel?

Only the last one must be true.  (e.g.: I can have GID 1069, but if I
am on in the group wheel in /etc/group, then I can su)

Hope this helps.

Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers | Yes, this is a boring sig.  Bite me. :)